Monday, August 3, 2009

Layering

Layering

Digital Manipulation
Composition

Artist Statement

Merging the Layers

Merging the Layers is a collection of photographs that I manipulated in order to create a sense of depth, to bring together varying elements into one image. This process enables me to evoke an emotional response and to create a dreamlike perspective. I do this in order to elicit many different feelings, concepts and/or memories. I find that this method allows me to convey numerous pieces of information in a single image.

The photographs take on a mixture of real and imaginary impressions. I add to the surrealistic impact of my photographs by implementing varying exposures, layering of alternate perspectives, and augmenting a range of color schemes. By forcing the viewer to shift perspectives within the representation, the photographs take on a sense of movement lending to the depth of field. This enhances the surrealistic illusion of the final piece. Because ones perspective is such a subjective truth, this flattening technique lends itself easily to expressing many views at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment